Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One Boy Missing

One would think that when one has 4 children, one would not be so full of anxiety when a child is away.
Daniel is away at 6th grade camp this week -Mon thru Fri- and everything just feels "off". My friends make fun and call me a Mother Hen, but I miss them when they are gone. Even when they are just down the driveway at Grandma's. No offense Mom, you understand don't you?
I am not a parent who gladly sends the kids off to friends' houses on the weekends. I am sure that I am doing a disservice to them by not letting them go, but I don't care. Maybe this feeling is why Dad never let us stay away? Maybe I am neurotic. There is nothing specific that I worry about, I know that he is safe, there is just a void here-- in my heart of hearts.

1 comment:

  1. oh, Moma Bear syndrome is a good thing, within reason and I believe you to be very reasonable. Praying for your comfort,
    Love, B

    ReplyDelete