Monday, June 1, 2009

The Back 40

Today as I was washing clothes, helping mom use the computer, and making reservations over the phone for a hotel for a baseball tournament this weekend, I happened to look out the front window. Very cloudy and ominous looking out there. Right in my front yard stood 2 coyote! Mom's little dog was lying on the bench on the porch, and our Charlie I did not see. These animals got up and just came closer to the house! All of the sudden, Charlie came flying around from the back of the house, and was off like a shot after them. That set mom's dog off yipping after them too. Charlie got nipped a few times on the backside, and there I went in my longjohns after the BB gun- the ONLY gun that I will allow at my house. I knew how to shoot a BB gun a long time ago, but this one has a scope on it, and I am not so steady as I was at age 14. Anyhow I did get a few shots off, and they ran "down in the hills". Never a dull moment out here in the back 40!
I just told the kids last night that we would put the tent up in the back yard soon so that they could camp out. I may rethink that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment