Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Think I'm Growing

Poor Dear Anna has had a rough winter. She started with a stomach flu at Thanksgiving, and has had Strep Throat 3 times since then. Last week it was a fever with runny nose and congestion. She recovered from that only to start walking like both her legs were broke. Said that the backs of her calves felt " like there's a bone poking through" 4 days of this we endured. I told her that maybe she was growing and would be taller than her brothers next week. She moaned and groaned and hobbled about. Today she slept until 12:30. I kept going up to check on her. Finally, the last time I went up, she was awake lying in be holding her knee. "I think you were right, I am growing. I got freckles on my knee, and I never had them on my knee before". Where did THAT come from? I informed her that she is such a redhead, and before she is all done growing, she will probably be covered with those freckles. She got up and has walked fine ever since. ITS A MIRACLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment