Friday, February 20, 2009

Did You Know?....

This morning I was awakened by my lovely John telling me that his car would not start, so he was taking my van. "You will either have to drive the truck, or jump my car if you need to go somewhere. There is hardly any gas in the truck", he informed me as he made big wet puddles on the carpet on his way out. I thought, "I can DO this". It was really cold- probably why the car wouldn't start- and I would have to take the kids to the bus in about an hour.
Well, I started the truck and moved it over by the car. Now I have never actually jumped a vehicle by myself, but how hard can it be, right? It is all color coded, right? I fumbled the cables, and got them attached to the truck and then was ever so careful not to let the squeezey things on the other end touch. Hooked one squeezey thing to the car, and then.... Did you know there are fireworks if you don't get the right cables on the right connector!?!!!! I was sure it was right, but I was frighteningly mistaken! Anyhow got it figured out, and started the car and did not die- thank goodness. I always wondered what would happen if a person hooked up those squeezey things wrong!

1 comment: