Sunday, March 8, 2009

Deals Of The Day



Anyone that knows me, knows that I live for the best deal that I can find. Then I have to totally bore everyone that will listen(or read) about it until the next deal comes along.
Today, against my better judgement, I took Anna and Abby shopping for dresses for Ben and Sarah's wedding (they are to be the flower girls). Anna is also making her first communion in May, or we would not be buying anything until late summer. I thought we would have a fun "girl day". First we went to church where Anna wanted to sit in front where everyone could see Abby leaning all over the place and rolling her eyes and making faces when I told her to stop. Then we went to their favorite place for lunch THE CHINA BUFFET. I don't understand why it is 4.00 more on Sunday when the food is the same except for the crab legs that have a sign above them stating that if you want to eat them, you will have to pay 3.99 EXTRA. But because it is their very favorite place, I gave in. I was not even halfway throught my first plate of food when Abby spilled nearly her whole adult-sized glass of water on my left leg! The waitress was there instantly to wipe it all up. I said "I knew that might happen without a lid on the glass." To which she replied "Yes, yes". I asked for a lid for Abby's glass. She said "Yes, yes", and brought a new glass full to the top with no lid. I politely asked for a lid, she said "Yes, yes", and brought me new silverware! At this point Abby has turned into her other self and is pouting and lying down in the booth to eat her chicken. I just told her that I would help her get a drink when she is ready. I went up to the buffet to get more food as mine was floating in a lake of ice water, plus it is warm at the buffet, and my leg is soaking wet. We finished eating and got our ice cream, and Abby was eating her ice cream cone over her plate when the waitress came and pointed at her plate like she wanted to take it for us. I said that she was eating her ice cream over it so she would not make a mess. The waitress said "Yes, yes" and took the plate! I think that the only words that she knows in English are the names of the drinks that they serve there! Anyhow the ice cream ended up in a big chocolate blob on Abby's dress, and we finished there.
So, to get on with the story, the deals of the day were the communion/flower girl dresses from Gabriel Brothers for 19.99 each! For those of you that mistakenly thought that the girls were the deal of the day from looking at the pictures and the title, I am sorry. By the end of the day, they would have been a free deal. Abby was whining at the checkout that her stomach hurt, she was hungry, and had to go to the bathroom. She did not address any of these things after we got home, however. Now I remember, I SHOP ALONE!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like quit the eventfull day! Are you just trying to copy my deal post? Just kidding! What's wrong with those girls I thougt all girls like to go shopping!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely do NOT belong to me! They are not in any way all about the deals!

    ReplyDelete